Canby Main Street will host its September First Friday event this Friday, Sept. 7. Visit downtown Canby for special discounts, live music and other fun.
One of the main highlights this month will be the First Friday Family Fair at Wait Park. Social service providers and educational organizations will be in attendance to offer information and family-friendly fun from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Also, local author and teen mental health advocate William Alton will be hosting a reading, discussion and book signing at The Book Nook beginning at 7 p.m. (Recommended for adults and mature teens, 18 and older.)
Other highlights include:
- American Legion (424 NW 1st Ave.): Friday Night Burger Feed, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Red Door Antiques (394 NW 1st Ave.): 10 percent off all items not marked ND or already reduced, all day.
- The Book Nook (181 N Grant St.): Buy 2 used books, get one free, all day.
- Backstop Bar & Grill (211 N Grant St.): Two happy hours with food and drink specials, 3 to 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. to close.
- Gwynn’s Coffeehouse (190 N 2nd St.): Hosting live music in the evening, and serving beer, wine and food.
- Cutsforth’s Marketplace (225 NE 2nd Ave.): Wine and beer section open 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thelma’s Place and Whoopsy Daisy (352 NW 2nd Ave.): Live music, martinis and mocktails, lawn games, balloon artist Joe Mishkin, raffles and back to school curriculum, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Check out a map for the event here.