No one was injured in a house fire that broke out on Schieffer Rd in Colton at approximately 8:55 p.m. Thursday.
On arrival, crews from the Colton Fire District found a two-story residence with smoke coming from the roof and second floor. A second alarm was sounded, bringing additional resources, including multiple units from Clackamas County Fire District, Molalla Fire District, Canby Fire District and Estacada Fire District.
Firefighters evacuated a single male occupant and contained the fire to the roof and attic. The cause is still under investigation but is believed to have started near the chimney.
The Colton Fire District encourages the community to have your chimney cleaned and inspected annually. The Colton Fire District provides chimney brushes for the public to borrow, which are located at the main fire station.
Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!