Five Displaced by Friday Morning Fire in Beavercreek

The Clackamas Fire District and assisting agencies responded to a residential fire on Dianne Drive in Beavercreek Friday morning.

The fire broke out just before 10 a.m., officials said. The first arriving crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the house. The blaze started on the exterior of the home and quickly spread inside and up into the attic, according to Clackamas Fire.

Firefighters quickly went to work to extinguish the fire while other crews arrived to assist on the scene and establish a rural water supply. Clackamas Fire was assisted by Sandy Fire, Canby Fire, Molalla Fire and Colton Fire.

There were no injuries reported but sadly five people are displaced. Fire investigators remain on scene to determine the exact cause of the fire.

Fire officials remind those using a generator during the cold winter months to ensure it is outside and at least five feet from all doors, windows and vent openings, with exhaust fumes directed away from the house or building.

In addition to having working smoke alarms in your home, residents should also install carbon monoxide alarms by following the manufacturers instructions for proper placement and mounting height.

Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!