Family- run Kraft Farms is known to many in the Canby area as an excellent place to find your Christmas tree this year, but over the weekend, many locals were discussing them for a different reason: this sign. I’ve been driving by this sign for weeks, and I finally posted a picture on Facebook to ask people what they think it was.
The answers were…interesting. Here are a few of my favorites:
- A misshapen snowman head (…covered in blood??)
- A happy little tree
- A human organ (Organ Christmas trees, anybody? Shout out to Shawn Varwig for the pun)
- A pimento olive. Go see if they have martinis and report back. If they do, I can be there in under 20 minutes.
- A maple leaf
- The heart of a Christmas tree… Being murdered.
- A smiling bandit with a sinus infection
- A pine nut wearing a Christmas sweater
- Maybe they were selling pumpkins before, but they changed the sign to trees? (If so, why wouldn’t they also change the pumpkin??)
- Grinch smiley face, but with a red Grinch?
Yeah, it was fun. But in the end, a lot of people were asking if somebody, anybody, would just please go to the farm and ask. So, we did. We spoke with Darin Kraft, owner of Kraft Farms, and here’s what he said.
An ornament. Seriously??
I guess I can see it? I don’t know. What do you guys think? #MysterySolved?
Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!