County Meetings Planned to Prioritize Road Projects Funded by New Vehicle Registration Fee

Clackamas County has scheduled a series of public meetings to collect input on what area transportation projects should be highest priority for the funds collected from the new countywide vehicle registration fee commissioners passed in February.

The fee is $30 per year per passenger vehicle (technically, $60 paid every two years when you renew your vehicle registration.) Motorcycle owners will pay only $15 per year. The fee goes into effect in January.

The revenue will be split between the county and cities in the county, with 40 percent going to cities based on population. Of the remaining 60 percent, 10 percent will go toward a strategic investment fund for joint county/city projects, with 50 percent going into the new “Community Road Fund” to use on county-owned roads.

The meetings will be used to help prioritize needed construction projects already identified in the county’s 10-year Transportation System Plan, which was drafted in 2013.

To help decide which projects are most needed and should be worked on first, six public meetings and an online open house ( are scheduled for late July and early August to gather input from people who live and work around the county. Transportation staff will share information about projects already identified and ask attendees for their suggestions and comments.

The meetings are scheduled around the county so people can learn about and comment on possible projects near their home, but all meetings are open to everyone. The meetings, which will be held from 6:30-8 p.m., are as follows:

  • Monday, July 29: Harmony West Building, Clackamas Community College, 7738 SE Harmony Road, Milwaukie
  • Wednesday, July 31: Rose Villa Performing Arts Center, 13505 SE River Road, Oak Grove
  • Monday, August 5: Lakeridge High School, 1235 Overlook Dr., Lake Oswego
  • Wednesday, August 7: Beavercreek Grange, 22041 S Kamrath Rd, Oregon City
  • Thursday, August 8: Hoodland Fire Station, 69634 US 26, Welches
  • Monday, August 12: Molalla Public Library, 201 E 5th St, Molalla
  • For more information, visit

    Photo courtesy Clackamas County.

    Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!