Businesses in Clackamas County now have six Business Recovery Centers offering free personal protective equipment (PPE), assistance and other resources needed to come back from the coronavirus-related economic downturn.
The county’s Department of Business and Community Services, along with the Canby Area Chamber and six other local chambers of commerce, stood up the new Business Recovery Centers to be a one-stop shop for recovery assistance and resources for businesses of all sizes and types.
The centers offer a wide array of free services, including:
• Multilingual business assistance, regardless of chamber membership.
• Assistance identifying potential sources for accessing capital (private as well as public resources).
• Business mentoring/coaching.
• Connection to legal assistance (through Lewis & Clark College Small Business Legal Clinic).
• Education/training on a variety of relevant topics.
• Outreach to the business community to make them aware of the resources available through the business recovery centers.
• Marketing and administrative support to the BRCs.
• Individualized answers to business questions.
• Assistance with connecting to financial resources.
• Referrals to organizations and resources.
• Access to interpreters and translation services.
The Canby Area Business Recovery Center is at the Canby chamber offices, 191 SE 2nd Ave., and is led by Jackie Liang. For questions or support, call 503-266-4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liang, who has already begun reaching out to local businesses and nonprofits in Canby this week, said the Canby Business Recovery Center offers free PPE, which is available at the chamber, as well as free legal and/or marketing consultations and assistance with any financial applications.
The other supporting chambers are Lake Oswego/West Linn, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Sandy and Wilsonville. Funding for the centers comes from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act through Clackamas County.
Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!