Canby Rite Aid Robbed at Gunpoint; Suspects Crash on 99E

Three suspects in a reported armed robbery at the Canby Rite Aid Thursday evening were in custody after crashing a few miles north on Highway 99E near South End Road — the third managing to evade police for more than an hour by fleeing into the forested cliffs south of Oregon City.

Canby Police Lt. Jorge Tro told The Canby Current that two men allegedly robbed the pharmacy at gunpoint at approximately 6:19 p.m. before fleeing the scene in a white Nissan with Washington plates (which police later confirmed to be stolen), driven by a third male suspect.

The three suspects were later identified as Kealoha Jihad Kahaloa-Green, 22, Raezon Derrick McGuire, 21, and Randy Darnell McGuire, 20 — all of Kent, Wash. They face charges of first-degree theft, two counts of second-degree robbery and menacing.

The vehicle headed northbound on Highway 99E, with Canby police units in hot pursuit. The attempted getaway ended in a single-vehicle crash near South End, with one suspect — Raezon McGuire — fleeing into the woods on foot.

The remaining two were detained without incident, Tro said. No suspects, officers, Rite Aid staff or bystanders were injured.

Raezon McGuire eluded capture for close to two hours, with K-9 units and several assisting law enforcement agencies combing the surrounding areas. He was caught shortly after 8 p.m., Tro confirmed.

“No injuries,” he told the Current. “Fantastic teamwork by all officers and agencies involved.”

The suspect was found attempting to hide in an undercut bank that officers variously described as a cave or washout.

A witness to the chaos inside the pharmacy told the Current that the pair indeed had a gun and demanded money from the safe as well as pharmaceuticals, which they allegedly collected in a bag.

“I was near the counter at the time,” the witness told us. “I turned and walked out and grabbed whomever I could on the way out.

“I told the cashier to call 911, and it was not a joke. It was terrifying.”

The trio was booked at the Clackamas County Jail. Their bail was set at $250,000 each.

Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!