A Canby family is working to get back on their feet after losing everything in a house fire this week.
The November 23 fire started in the garage of Javier and Veronica Ortiz’s home on Northwest 23rd and Country Club Drive in north Canby.
The blaze soon spread to the kitchen, family room and attic. The family’s two pickup trucks also melted due to the extreme heat.
The family did not have renters insurance — only liability coverage for Javier’s landscaping and maintenance business.
The Ortizes have two grown sons and three young daughters who still live at home.
A GoFundMe campaign is seeking to raise $5,000 to help the family recover. Details at gofundme.com/f/help-the-ortiz-family-this-holiday-season.
Help us build a sustainable news organization to serve Canby for generations to come! Let us know if you can support our efforts to expand our operations and keep all of our content paywall-free. #SwimWithTheCurrent!